Looking for exposure for your band?
This is your chance to perform in front of thousands of fans and alongside legendary artists including Prime Circle, Johnny Clegg, Die Heuwels Fantasties, Elvis Blue and more at the Knysna Rocks Music Festival this summer.
Knysna Rocks has launched a search for that special, upcoming band in the Head2Head Competition – now open for entries.
The incredible prize hamper includes an opening slot at Knysna Rocks on Friday 23 December; an opening slot at The Assembly in Cape Town as well as a week worthâ€™s recording time at the Red Bull Studios for the winning band.
Entry and voting will be FREE!
Competition entry details:
- To enter the Head2Head Competition, bands must complete a short informational profile on Facebook here.
- Entries must be submitted before Tuesday, 29 November 2011.
- The top 10 bands will be announced in the press soon afterwards and the competition will enter the â€œvoting stageâ€ where fans can vote once per day until Monday, 12 December 2011.
- The band with a mixture of the most votes & best marketing campaign wins.
- The winning band will be announced on Wednesday, 13 December 2011.
- All entries will be reviewed by a panel of industry professionals.
- An opening slot at Knysna Rocks on 23 December 2011.
- An opening slot at The Assembly within six (6) months of the Knysna Rocks Festival.
- A full week’s worth of recording time in the Red Bull Music Studio, Cape Town.
- Other great prizes from our awesome sponsors.
The biggest music festival to hit Knysna is back! Celebrate summer with a potent mix of South Africaâ€™s best acts including Johnny Clegg, Elvis Blue, Prime Circle, Die Heuwels Fantasties, Holiday Murray and DJ Sideshow on the decks.
- The Venue: Sports Grounds in Knysna
- Date: Friday 23 December 2011
- Time: 2pmâ€“11pm followed by Knysna Rocks after party. (Gates open at midday)
Tickets NOW ON SALE at Computicket (www.computicket.com or 083 915 8000)
General Admission: R165
VIP (over 18â€™s only): R265
As part of our Responsible Driving campaign, we will be offering all festival-goers a collection and drop-off service from Mosselbay, George, Wilderness, Sedgefield and Plettenberg Bay.